Casinos Host Events, Offer Special Food and Beverage Items this October to Support the Fight Against Breast Cancer
This week marks the start of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) 2023. In Atlantic City, the casino industry is focused on raising awareness, resources and support in the fight against breast cancer. Throughout the month of October, Atlantic City casinos are hosting fundraising events and activities, participating in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Walk and the Men Wear Pink campaign, all in support of breast cancer awareness and research.
“Every day, more than 700 women in the U.S. are diagnosed with breast cancer,” said Mark Giannantonio, President of the Casino Association of New Jersey. “This is a disease that impacts all of us, from all walks of life, and it’s critically important that we do our part to raise awareness and encourage people to donate and take action. We are honored to once again partner with local and national cancer prevention organizations to fight against breast cancer.”
“Like many people, I have always enjoyed driving to Atlantic City in October and seeing all of the Atlantic City’s casinos lit up in bright pink colors in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month,” said Christina M. Renna, President and CEO, Chamber of Commerce Southern New Jersey. “Breast cancer impacts so many lives and families here in New Jersey. By bringing awareness through various events and activities this month, the casino industry is helping to support and make a difference for communities they serve.”
Atlantic City casinos are supporting BCAM through a wide range of activities and events including:
Bally’s Atlantic City
For Breast Cancer Awareness, Bally’s is offering pink cocktails, mocktails, and desserts at The Yard, Carousel Bar, Guy Fieri’s Chophouse and Jerry Longo’s Meatballs & Martinis during the month of October, with a portion of all sales benefiting Breast Cancer Awareness. The Pacific Avenue entrance to Bally’s Atlantic City and Level Six dining will be illuminated in pink also in support of Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Strawberry Rose Cosmo: Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Cointreau, Strawberry-Rose Cordial, Lime
- Shady’s of Pink: Teremana Blanco Tequila, Hibiscus, Lime, Fever-Tree Grapefruit Soda
- Pink Me Up Mocktail: Dragon Fruit, Watermelon, Lime, Agave, Soda Water
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse Bomb: Cheesecake Mousse, Strawberry Glaze
- Red Velvet Cupcake: Red Velvet Sponge Cake, Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Icing
Caesars Entertainment’s Atlantic City Resorts
Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City Resorts “Go Pink”
Throughout the month, Tropicana, Caesars, and Harrah’s Resort will “go pink,” with pink lights on each property’s exteriors in support of the thousands of brave women in the region who have battled breast cancer. At Tropicana, the cupola atop the Havana Tower, as well as every Tropicana fountain, will be made pink. Tropicana will donate all coins tossed in the fountain during October to the American Cancer Society. Guests, visitors and employees will also see breast cancer awareness messages displayed on Tropicana’s boardwalk screens. At Caesars, the fountains will be lit pink in support of the cause, along with Caesars’ parking garage and Harrah’s Resort’s exterior light show on its building.
- Men Wear Pink
Edward Taylor, VP of Casino Marketing, Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City; Domenic Palmiere, Regional VP of Casino Marketing, Caesars Atlantic City; and Michael Keithley, Director of Player Development, Tropicana Atlantic City will be participating in American Cancer Society’s Men Wear Pink campaign. Through the campaign, male community leaders around the nation use the power of pink to raise awareness and money for the American Cancer Society. In addition to customer promotions, team member fundraisers will support the campaign, including but not limited to, Toss at the Boss where team members can toss a pie at the property leaders; Rubber Ducky Drawings to win prizes; “pink” merchandise sales and several cupcake & cookie sales.
- Drink Pink For A Cause at Caesars, Harrah’s Resort, and Tropicana
Caesars, Harrah’s Resort, and Tropicana will be partnering with Tito’s vodka to donate a portion of sales from every Tito’s cocktail sold at participating bars and restaurants to the Men Wear Pink Campaign.
- Pink Ribbons
At Harrah’s Resort, bars and restaurants are supporting the cause by selling pink paper ribbons for $5 each, and guests can write a message of hope, in memory or in honor of, or simply sign it to be displayed throughout the venues.
- Making Strides Walk
Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City will be participating in the Making Strides Walk in Ocean City, NJ. The American Cancer Society started Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks to unite communities in the fight against this deadly disease. Today, Making Strides is the largest network of breast cancer events in the nation – and they do more than just walk. They raise money to help the American Cancer Society fund groundbreaking breast cancer research and provide patient services like free rides to chemo, free places to stay near treatment, and a live 24/7 cancer helpline.
Golden Nugget Atlantic City
Golden Nugget is supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month with members of their executive team wearing pink. The Men Wear Pink include:
- Tom Pohlman, Executive Vice President, and General Manager
- Kevin Scull, Assistant General Manager and Vice President of Operations
- Jim Byrnes, Executive Vice President
- Hong Kha, Executive Director of International Marketing
- Ralph D’Ambrosio, Vice President of National Marketing
- Joe Grande, Vice President of National Marketing
- Les Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
- Jerome Robinson, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
- Adrian Ford, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
- Justin Pincus, Executive Director of Player Development
- Paul Pallitto, Director of Player Development
- Eric Robinson, Executive Director of Player Development
- Steve DeVilla, Executive Casino Host
Golden Nugget is featuring a property wide Pink Drink from October 1-31, with a portion of the proceeds being donated back to American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. The cocktail will be available at the following locations:
- Dos Caminos
- Pink Lemonade Margarita: Pink Lemonade, Cazadores Tequila, Triple Sec, Fresh Lime Juice, Garnish – strawberry, mint and lime wheel garnish.
- Vic & Anthony’s:
- Pink Tequini: Altos Plata tequila, Triple Sec, Blood Orange Syrup, Fresh Lime Juice, Pineapple Juice.
- Pink Q: JOTO ” The Green One” -Sake Pineapple Juice, Monin Yuzu, Peach Schnapps, Pineapple Juice, Lemon Juice, Dash grenadine Juice, Garnish – mint spring.
- Chart House
- The Pink Lady: Calirosa Rosa Blanco, Tequila, Disaronno Amaretto, Fresh Lemon Juice, Re’al Strawberry Puree.
- Rush Lounge
- Pretty in Pink: Tito’s Vodka, Pineapple juice, Pomegranate liqueur.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City
Throughout the month of October, Hard Rock Atlantic City’s participation includes hosting Pinktober events, offering special food and beverage items and making available limited-edition merchandise. The resort plans pink lighting for the exteriors of the Atrium and North Tower.
- Limited-Edition Pinktober Merchandise
The merchandise includes a PINKTOBER-themed Hard Rock t-shirt and newly designed collectable PINKTOBER pins. Shop for the PINKTOBER merchandise at the Rock Shop or online at https://shop.hardrock.com
- The Flavors of Pink
Enjoy a limited-time menu of pink-themed specials including decadent desserts with creations such as the Hard Ruby Chocolate Bavarian and Sweet Strawberry Broth with Pink Cotton Candy featured in our signature restaurants. Or, sip on a “Pinktini” as the featured drink of the month.
- Hard Rock Team Members’ Dunk Tank Event – Friday, October 6
Team Members will have the opportunity to dunk Hard Rock management team at the Pinktober kick-off! Location: Boardwalk entrance to Hard Rock Cafe. Time: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk – Sunday, October 8
Hard Rock as the presenting sponsor will provide entertainment and giveaways while supporting the fight against breast cancer. Join the walk and help make a difference! Location: 6th & Boardwalk, Ocean City, at 9 a.m.
- Mammography Screenings for Team Members on Saturday, October 14*
Hard Rock Atlantic City and Atlantic Medical Imaging (AMI Foundation) will host the Dr. Jan Austin Mobile Digital Mammography Van for team members to obtain breast cancer screenings conveniently at the Hard Rock. This offering to team members can help to promote early detection with convenient and easy access to screenings. *This event is for Hard Rock Team Members Only
- Pinktober Rocks with Foreigner in concert at Hard Rock Live, October 27 & October 28
Ticket proceeds from this concert event will benefit Pinktober’s Making Strides. For tickets, visit Hardrockhotelatlanticcity.com.
To make a restaurant reservation visit www.hardrockhotelatlanticcity.com or book a room at Hard Rock Atlantic City can visit https://www.hardrockhotels.com/. For additional information on the Hard Rock brand, visit https://www.hardrock.com/pinktober.aspx.
Ocean Casino Resort
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk – Sunday, October 8
Ocean Casino Resort is an event sponsor of the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Ocean team members are volunteering and participating in the walk.
- Pink Cocktail – October 1-31
It’s pink season! In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, Ocean Casino Resort is featuring the Pink Paloma Cocktail available at Ocean Steak, Amada, Linguini by the Sea, Lobby Bar, Distrito, Villain & Saint, Makai, TopGolf Swing Suite, Harper’s, The Gallery Bar, Book & Games, Balcony Bar and 1927 Lounge during the month of October. With each drink purchased, a $2 donation will be made to the American Cancer Society. Pink Paloma: Patron Silver, Pink Grapefruit Sparkling Soda, Pink Sugar Rim and Lime garnish.
- Light Up Pink
The Ocean LED ball on top of the building will be illuminating a pink ribbon throughout the month of October in support of breast cancer awareness.
- Team Member Cookie Sale – Thursday, October 12
Proceeds from the cookie sale will be donated to the American Cancer Society on behalf of our team members.
Resorts Casino Hotel
- The Resorts Men of Gamingare raising money for the Men Wear Pink Campaign.
- Resorts exterior lights will go pink for the month of October to show support for Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Guests can purchase the Perfect Pink Cosmo for $12 at our Halloween pop-up, The Boo Bar on the casino floor. Proceeds from the cocktail will benefit the Men Wear Pink campaign. (New Amsterdam vodka, Cointreau, lime, and cranberry.)
- Look for our pink Breast Cancer donation boxes around the property, and drop your unused slot tickets, table chips, coins, and dollars in them!
- Dunk a Comedian at our Balls Out Boardwalk Block Party on Saturday, September 30 from 1:45 p.m.-5:30 p.m. AC Jokes is hosting the event and all proceeds will be donated to the campaign. Players can donate $1 for one throw or $5 for six throws.
- For more information on how Resorts Casino Hotel is supporting Breast Cancer Awareness, visit com .
About the Casino Association of New Jersey
The Casino Association of New Jersey (CANJ) is a trade organization that provides a collective voice for the Atlantic City casino industry by facilitating the exchange of information and ideas between our industry, small businesses, Atlantic City stakeholders and the general public. The CANJ consistently advocates for legislation and initiatives that support the ongoing revitalization of Atlantic City into a world-class destination resort. A thriving casino industry drives economic growth, job creation, increased tax revenue for state and local budgets, and prosperity for city residents, hardworking families and businesses which rely on the casinos for their livelihood. Our goals are simple: protect and grow the tens of thousands of jobs the casino industry supports across New Jersey and continue Atlantic City’s transformation into a world-class destination resort. For additional information, please visit www.casinosnj.org