The Casino Association of New Jersey (CANJ) is marking Breast Cancer Awareness Month by illuminating the entire Atlantic City skyline with pink lights to raise awareness about breast cancer. Throughout the entire month of October, Atlantic City casinos are participating in a wide-range of events to raise resources to support research dedicated to preventing and curing breast cancer.
“Atlantic City casinos are proud to come together as an industry to support breast cancer awareness, which affects hundreds of thousands of Americans every year,” said Terry Glebocki, President of the Casino Association of New Jersey. “Each property is invested in the community we serve, and we are honored to do our part to support such a worthy cause.”
Atlantic City casinos are participating in a wide-range of events, including:
Bally’s Atlantic City
Nick Polcino, VP and GM of Bally’s Atlantic City, and John Murphy, Director of IT, will represent Bally’s Atlantic City in the Real Men Wear Pink campaign to raise awareness and money for the American Cancer Society’s breast cancer initiatives.
Bally’s exclusive “Pink Your Drink” will feature pink specialty cocktails and desserts available at Jerry Longo’s Meatballs and Martinis, Guy Fieri’s Chophouse, Sportsbook Lounge, and L Bar with a portion of the proceeds going to the AtlantiCare “Treasure the Moment Fund” which assists cancer patients with expenses like wigs, prescriptions, and household bills so they can treasure the moments in their lives.
Borgata Hotel & Casino Atlantic City
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa’s Vice President of Relationship Marketing Jason Lyons and Vice President of Casino Operations James Bruno has united with men throughout the Greater Philadelphia area to fight breast cancer with the American Cancer Society through participation in the Real Men Wear Pink campaign. Throughout October, Real Men Wear Pink participants will encourage community members to take action in the fight against breast cancer. Each Real Men Wear Pink participant accepts a fundraising challenge and will compete to be the top fundraiser among his peers by the end of the campaign. Plus, throughout the entire month, from October 1st to October 31st, the Borgata hotel sign on the top of the building, and the 32nd floor of The Water Club will be illuminated in pink, further creating awareness for the fight against breast cancer.
Caesars Entertainment’s Atlantic City Resorts
Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City Resorts “Go Pink”
Throughout the month, Tropicana, Caesars, and Harrah’s Resort will “go pink,” with pink lights on each property’s exteriors in support of the thousands of brave women in the region who have battled breast cancer. At Tropicana, the cupola atop the Havana Tower, as well as every Tropicana fountain, will be made pink. Tropicana will donate all coins tossed in the fountain during October to the American Cancer Society. Guests, visitors and employees will also see breast cancer awareness messages displayed on Tropicana’s iconic Multimedia Light and Sound Show located on the Atlantic City Boardwalk. At Caesars, the iconic chariot in front of the property, including its gladiators and horses, will be donned in pink attire. The resort’s fountains will also be lit pink in support of the cause, along with Caesars’ parking garage and Harrah’s Resort’s exterior light show on its building.
Real Men Wear Pink
Joe Lodise, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Caesars Atlantic City, Chris Rippy, Vice President of Food and Beverage at Tropicana Atlantic City, and Bobby Kahler, Regional Director Marketing Operations at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City will be participating in American Cancer Society’s Real Men Wear Pink campaign. Through the campaign, male community leaders around the nation use the power of pink to raise awareness and money for the American Cancer Society.
Drink Pink For A Cause at Caesars, Harrah’s Resort, and Tropicana
Caesars, Harrah’s Resort, and Tropicana will be partnering with Tito’s vodka to donate $1 for every Tito’s cocktail sold. At Tropicana, drinks sold at Boogie Nights, 10 North, Chelsea Five Gastropub, and Tango’s throughout the month will be going towards this cause. At Caesars, participating outlets include Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill and Nero’s Italian Steakhouse.
Making Strides Walk
Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City will be sponsoring the Making Strides Walk in Ocean City, NJ. The American Cancer Society started Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks to unite communities in the fight against this deadly disease. Today, Making Strides is the largest network of breast cancer events in the nation – and they do more than just walk. They raise money to help the American Cancer Society fund groundbreaking breast cancer research and provide patient services like free rides to chemo, free places to stay near treatment, and a live 24/7 cancer helpline.
Pretty in Pink at Boogie Nights at Tropicana Atlantic City
Guests who wear pink during the month of October will receive reduced admission before 11pm. A portion of the proceeds will go towards the American Cancer Society’s Real Men Wear Pink campaign.
Golden Nugget Atlantic City
Golden Nugget Atlantic City has more than dozen men participating in the Real Men Wear Pink Campaign to raise awareness and money for the American Cancer Society’s breast cancer initiatives, including innovative research, patient services, and education around screenings and risk reduction.
- Tom Pohlman, Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Kevin Scull, Assistant General Manager and Vice President of Operations
- Jim Byrnes, Executive Vice President
- Hong Kha, Executive Director of International Marketing
- Ralph D’Ambrosio, Vice President of National Marketing
- Alan Korman, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
- Chris Merlino, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
- Les Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
- Jerome Robinson, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
- Adrian Ford, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
- Justin Pincus, Executive Director of Player Development
- Paul Pallitto, Director of Player Development
- Eric Robinson, Executive Director of Player Development
- Steve DeVilla, Executive Casino Host
Golden Nugget is featuring $10 Pink Drinks from October 1-31, in multiple restaurants and bars with $1 of each drink going back to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer.
- Chart House- Pink Warrior Martini
- Vic & Anthony’s- Pink Tequini
- Grotto- Pink Passion Martini
- Lillie’s Asian Cuisine – Pink Lemonade
- Rush Lounge- Ruby Red Mule
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City is proud to be one of the flagship sponsors for the Making Strides of Ocean City, NJ Walk on Sunday, October 10th. Hard Rock will be providing live entertainment for the walk which runs from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m.
Michael Woodside, Vice President of Entertainment and Marketing Services, is participating in the American Cancer Society’s Real Men Wear Pink campaign representing Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City.
Hard Rock Atlantic City’s North Tower, exterior lights, and atrium will be lit up pink for the entire month of October. A limited-edition Hard Rock Pinktober pin & t-shirt is now available at The Hard Rock Store, with a portion of the proceeds from both going to charity.
Multiple food & beverage outlets will also be offering drink specials, with portions of the proceeds benefitting Breast Cancer Awareness including:
- Lobby Bar: Tito’s All Time Favorite Cocktail (Tito’s Vodka, Soda, lime, Orange)
- Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena: “On The Rocks” Cocktails (Cruzan Mai Tai, Jalapeno Pineapple Margarita,)
- Council Oak Steaks & Seafood: J. Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hard Rock Center Bar: Pink Whitney Cosmo
- Fresh Harvest: “On The Rocks” Cocktails (Cruzan Mai Tai, Jalapeno Pineapple Margarita, Knob Creeks Old Fashion)
Ocean Casino Resort
Bill Callahan, Executive Vice President of Gaming & Hospitality for Ocean Casino Resort, will participate in the Real Men Wear Pink Campaign to raise awareness and money for the American Cancer Society’s breast cancer initiatives.
Ocean Casino is sponsoring the American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in Ocean City, New Jersey on Sunday, October 10. Ocean team members are participating in the walk, as well as volunteering.
Additionally, throughout the month of October, Ocean Casino will feature Tito’s Pink Cosmo (vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice, lime, with a pink sugar rim) at 1927 Lounge, Blush Bar & Lounge, Topgolf Swing Suites, and The Sportsbook at Ocean by William Hill. 25% of the proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
The famous ball at the top of Ocean Casino Resort, the tallest hotel in New Jersey, will be illuminated in the color pink for the entire month of October in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Resorts Casino Hotel
Mark Sachais, Vice President of Hotel Operations, will represent Resorts Casino Hotel in the Real Men Wear Pink Campaign to raise awareness and money during breast cancer awareness month. Donations can be made by visiting Mark’s Real Men Wear Pink fundraising page or by participating in one of the initiatives at the casino hotel during the entire month of October including:
- Multiple outlets at Resorts will offer a specialty pink drink
- $10 Greyhound – Tito’s Vodka and pink grapefruit juice, garnished with a slice of grapefruit
- $8 from every drink purchased will be donated to the American Cancer Society
- Available at Bar One, DraftKings Sports Bar, BreadSticks Cafe, Capriccio, Cielo & EastWind
- Pink Flamingo Frozen Daiquiri
- $1 from every drink will be donated to the American Cancer Society
- Available at Wet Willies
- $10 Greyhound – Tito’s Vodka and pink grapefruit juice, garnished with a slice of grapefruit
- Resorts will have multiple donation boxes through the casino accepting slot and table game left over credits
- Located at the Promotions Booth, Casino Cage, Self-Park Garage and Boardwalk entrances customers can choose to donate leftover credits from playing slots and table games to benefit The American Cancer Society
- Star Card members that donate at the Promotions Booth will receive a special breast cancer awareness sticker added to their Star Card
Employees can join in on the fundraising efforts by entering a weekly raffle or by purchasing an item during an employee gift sale