From lighting the city pink to executives wearing pink, the Casino Association of New Jersey (CANJ) is raising awareness about breast cancer. Saturday, October 1, marked the start of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and this year the has chosen the theme RISE - Rally In Screening Everyone. To that end, the Atlantic City casinos are rallying attention to the cause with several fundraising events and activities focused on raising funds to support research and prevention efforts.
“It always makes me proud to see our city come together, united toward a common cause,” said . “Unfortunately, so many of us have been affected by cancer, whether through our own diagnosis or that of a loved one. This cause is personal for so many of us and Atlantic City casinos are honored to join forces once again with local and national cancer prevention organizations to raise awareness and funding for breast cancer research and screening.”
Atlantic City casinos are supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month through a wide range of activities and events including:
· Experience Bally’s Atlantic City second annual “Pink Your Drink” campaign featuring pink specialty cocktails and desserts. Throughout October, Bally’s will offer a limited dessert and beverage menu with a percentage of all proceeds going to help raise awareness and funding for breast cancer research. Participating outlets: Jerry Longo’s Meatballs & Martinis, Guy Fieri’s Chophouse, Carousel Bar, and The Yard.
· Bally’s entrance, located on Pacific Avenue, and Sixth Floor dining level will be illuminated in pink.
· From October 1 to October 31, the Borgata hotel sign on the top of the building and the 32nd floor of The Water Club will be illuminated in pink, further creating awareness for the fight against breast cancer. Borgata is also participating in the Real Men Wear Pink campaign, uniting men in the Greater Philadelphia Area with the American Cancer Society.
Throughout the month, Tropicana, Caesars, and Harrah’s Resort will “go pink,” with pink lights on each property’s exteriors in support of the thousands of brave women in the region who have battled breast cancer.
· : The cupola atop the Havana Tower as well as every Tropicana fountain will be made pink. Tropicana will donate all coins tossed in the fountain during October to the American Cancer Society. Guests, visitors, and employees will also see breast cancer awareness messages displayed on Tropicana’s iconic Multimedia Light and Sound Show located on the Atlantic City Boardwalk.
· : The iconic chariot in front of the property, including its gladiators and horses, will be donned in pink attire. The parking garage will also be lit pink. Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City Team Members will also support the cause by hosting various fundraisers such as Zumba and The Pink Queens Bingo Ball.
· : The resort’s fountains will also be lit pink in support of the cause, along with the exterior light show on its building. Caesars Entertainment Atlantic City Team Members will also support the cause by hosting various fundraisers such as Zumba and The Pink Queens Bingo Ball.
· Golden Nugget Atlantic City once again this year has participating in the Real Men Wear Pink Campaign to raise awareness and money for the American Cancer Society's breast cancer initiatives, including innovative research, patient services, and education around screenings and risk reduction.
o Tom Pohlman, Executive Vice President and General Manager
o Kevin Scull, Assistant General Manager and Vice President of Operations
o Jim Byrnes, Executive Vice President
o Hong Kha, Executive Director of International Marketing
o Ralph D'Ambrosio, Vice President of National Marketing
o Alan Korman, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
o Chris Merlino, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
o Les Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
o Jerome Robinson, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
o Adrian Ford, Senior Executive Director of Player Development
o Justin Pincus, Executive Director of Player Development
o Paul Pallitto, Director of Player Development
o Eric Robinson, Executive Director of Player Development
o Steve DeVilla, Executive Casino Host
· Golden Nugget is featuring a property wide Pink Tequini from October 1-31, with a portion of the proceeds being donated back to American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. The cocktail will be available at the following locations:
o Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
o Chart House
o Lillie's Asian Cuisine
o Rush Lounge
· Comedian Wanda Sykes performs at Sound Waves. A portion of the ticket proceeds benefits the American Cancer Society’s Real Men Wear Pink efforts. Tickets start at $49
· . Comedian Vic DiBitetto performs at Sound Waves. A portion of the ticket proceeds benefits the American Cancer Society’s Real Men Wear Pink efforts. Tickets start at $44
· : Tropical Pink Lemonade Martini – Malibu rum, peach liqueur, lemon, lime, cranberry. Cost: $13, with a percentage of proceeds going towards Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Available at Council Oak, Kuro, Sandpiper, Lobby Bar & Center Bar.
· : White Chocolate Dome – Lemon mousse, pink vanilla crème brulee center, raspberry coulis. Cost: $14, with a percentage of proceeds going towards Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Available at Council Oak, Kuro, & Sandpiper.
· For the month of October, , is the Ambassador for the Real Men Wear Pink campaign. Jim will wear pink throughout the month of October to help raise awareness for breast cancer. All the funds raised will benefit the American Cancer Society in their mission to reduce the risk of breast cancer through continued research and provide free services and information. Make an online donation:
· – On Sunday, October 9th, Ocean is volunteering and participating in the American Cancer Society’s walk along the Atlantic City Boardwalk.
· In honor of Breast Cancer awareness month, Ocean is offering a available at Lobby Bar, Distrito, Villain & Saint, The Gallery Bar, Book & Games, Balcony Bar and 1927 Lounge for $15 during the month of October. With each drink purchased, a $2 donation will be made to the American Cancer Society
· For the month of October, will be representing Ocean Casino Resort in the Real Men Wear Pink campaign. Frank will wear pink throughout the month of October to help raise awareness for breast cancer. All the funds raised will benefit the American Cancer Society in their mission to reduce the risk of breast cancer through continued research and provide free services and information for people who need it. To support Frank, to make an online donation.
· Resorts exterior lights will go pink for the month of October to show support for Breast Cancer Awareness.
· The men of are raising money for the Real Men Wear Pink Campaign.
· Visit the . It is a Halloween pop-up experience with a breast cancer awareness twist! Some proceeds from select drinks and events will benefit the campaign.
· Purchase the Mighty Pink Cocktail ($10) at The Pink Pumpkin. Eight dollars from each drink is donated directly to the campaign. (Pink Whitney vodka, peach schnapps with a splash of grenadine)
· Purchase a Pinkberry Cosmo (New Amsterdam white berry vodka, Cointreau, lime cranberry) at Dougherty’s Steakhouse and Raw Bar. Some proceeds will be donated to the Real Men Wear Pink Campaign.
· Come on OUT and play at Fundraiser on October 22 at 8pm in the Screening Room. Join us for a live-singing, comedy cabaret with an impressive lineup of guests! The suggested donation is $20, and all proceeds will go to the campaign. Costumes are encouraged and don’t forget your $1 bills! Buy tickets
· Look for our pink around the property and drop your unused slot tickets, table chips, coins, and dollars in them!