The Casino Association of New Jersey (CANJ) today announced that Atlantic City’s casinos are ready to kick off the “unofficial start” of the 2019 summer season this Memorial Day Weekend. As Atlantic City’s busy season approaches, the resort destination offers visitors exciting first-class entertainment, shopping, casinos and beachfront activities.
“As we mark the unofficial start to summer this Memorial Day weekend, Atlantic City is ready to welcome visitors to our fun-filled resort destination,” said Kevin Ortzman, President of the Casino Association of New Jersey. “There are so many reasons for families to spend their summer in Atlantic City, from our beautiful beaches, to our name-brand shopping, top-notch restaurants, exciting entertainment line-up and luxury casino resorts.”
Atlantic City is a summer hot spot with must-see musical acts, family-friendly Boardwalk Hall events, and more.
- Have the ultimate outdoor fun at Bally’s Beach Bar with live music, fire pits, and more – opening Memorial Day Weekend. Additionally, The Sportsbook is opening this June at The Wild Wild West, part of Caesars’ Entertainment’s $11 investment into sports betting.
- Spend Memorial Day Weekend at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa with an all-star entertainment lineup including performances by comedians Kevin James, Jeff Ross and Dave Attell; Premier Nightclub events with sets by Tiesto and Lil Jon; the chance to win $5,000 Bonus SLOT DOLLARS® every 15 minutes; as well as celebrity chef dining options and destination spa experiences.
- Caesar’s Rooftop Pool and Observation Deck is the place to be this summer. Check out the best views of Atlantic City with Nero’s Italian Steakhouse, celebrating 25 years this year, with unparalleled views of the Atlantic Ocean (Best Brunch in America – The Daily Meal)
- Play outside at Golden Nugget’s The Deck Bayfront Bar & Restaurant with live music and delicious frozen concoctions or relax poolside at H2O Pool and Bar with breathtaking views of the Atlantic City skyline.
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City’s DAER Nightclub features award-winning artists Alesso and Zedd this Memorial Day Weekend; and stop by Hard Rock’s one-of-a-kind Beach Bar – opening this weekend
- Harrah’s Resort – enjoy top DJs and spot a celebrity at The Pool After Dark nightclub (poolafterdark.com) and stay in one of the all-new $56 million Coastal Tower rooms & suites
- Resorts Casino Hotel hosts its 6th Annual Beach Ball Drop on the Boardwalk this Friday May 24; and LandShark Beach Bar, Best Beach Bar in 2019, is even better this year with the expanded Fins Bar
- Visit Tropicana Memorial Day Weekend for a five day celebration filled with block parties, fireworks, pool parties, happy hours and live entertainment
- Take a ride on The Wheel at Steel Pier – open daily for summer beginning on June 14
- Enjoy the 2019 Atlantic City Boardwalk Bash – June 3 to 5
- Enjoy daylong lineup of sky-high thrills at Atlantic City International Airshow on August 21
“We are ready to kick off an exciting summer season,” said Jim Wood, President & CEO of Meet AC. “Last year was one of our best years in recent memory, and Atlantic City continues to see growth in revenue, tourism, employment, conferences, conventions and hotel bookings across the board. We are eager to welcome visitors to experience all of the diverse offerings Atlantic City has in store this summer.”
Atlantic City has seen strong gains in tourism and gaming revenue with the implementation of legalized sports wagering. The resort destination not only saw 11 straight months of revenue gains, but the 2018 Economic Impact of Tourism in New Jersey showed Atlantic City contributing to a 7.4 percent growth in tourism last year. Industry experts believe Atlantic City’s growth will translate into increased revenue, jobs and tourism throughout the summer months.
The casino industry continues to work to solidify the seaside resort’s comeback by diversifying Atlantic City’s offerings, as well as investing hundreds of millions of dollars in redevelopment projects and non-gaming services to attract new visitors. The industry’s efforts have advanced the revitalization of Atlantic City, transforming the city into a business conference destination and first-class resort that features great restaurants, entertainment and shopping.