The Casino Association of New Jersey (CANJ) announced that Atlantic City’s casinos are ready to celebrate March Madness and the start of baseball season for the first time since the legalization of sports wagering in New Jersey. March is an exciting, action-packed month in Atlantic City filled with parties and events where fans can watch all the college hoops and the start of a new season of baseball.
“Atlantic City’s casinos welcome baseball and basketball fans to place their bets in the exciting month of March,” said Kevin Ortzman, president of the Casino Association of New Jersey. “This represents our first full season of baseball and first March Madness tournament since the legalization of sports betting last year, and Atlantic City’s sports books are ready.”
As the brackets are being filled out and spring training is wrapping up, the following CANJ casinos offer sports betting: Bally’s Wild Wild West Casino, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, Caesars Atlantic City, Golden Nugget Atlantic City, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City, Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City, Resorts Casino Hotel and Tropicana Atlantic City. See below for more information about March Madness activities at CANJ casinos.
“The month of March is jam-packed with all kinds of sporting events and will attract new visitors to Atlantic City this spring,” said Rummy Pandit, executive director of the Lloyd D. Levenson Institute of Gaming, Hospitality & Tourism at Stockton University. “Atlantic City’s sports books have been very successful so far, and the start of baseball season and March Madness will only continue to solidify a base of loyal consumers.”
The casino industry serves as a strong economic engine for the State of New Jersey. The March 13 Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) report showed continued growth in February 2019, with gaming revenue over $232 million, reflecting a 21 percent increase over the same period last year. Online gaming revenue was nearly $32 million, up 44 percent over February 2018. The industry generated nearly $20 million in taxes and fees collected by the state in February 2019.
In addition, throughout all of 2018, the industry generated nearly $232 million in taxes and fees according to the DGE. Specifically, online gaming generated nearly $45 million, and sports betting generated $1.3 million.
The casino industry continues to work to solidify the seaside resort’s comeback by diversifying Atlantic City’s offerings, as well as investing hundreds of millions of dollars in redevelopment projects and non-gaming services to attract new visitors. The industry’s efforts have advanced the revitalization of Atlantic City, transforming the city into a business conference destination and first-class resort that features great restaurants, entertainment and shopping.
ATLANTIC CITY MARCH MADNESS ACTIVITIES
Atlantic City is the destination to watch the March Madness unfold – with a wide-variety of activities taking place across the city, including:
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
- Brackets at Borgata Hotel Package: Starting from $119, Borgata guests interested in staying the night may look no further than the Brackets at Borgata Hotel Package – featuring an overnight stay in a Classic Room and $50 food and beverage credit, available March 20 to 24, March 28 to 31, and April 5 to 8. Call 609-317-1000 to book.
- Borgata Race & Sports Book: Experience the thrill of sports betting and bet on the tournament at Borgata Race & Sports Book. Windows open Monday through Friday at 11 a.m., and Saturday and Sunday at 9 a.m. Must be 21 or older.
- playMGM NJ: Can’t make it to Atlantic City to join the fun? Sports betting is also available on your phone anywhere in New Jersey with playMGM NJ Sports. Download now and place sports bets on mobile with the playMGM NJ Sports app or visit Borgata’s desktop website. It’s safe, legal and secure mobile sports betting anywhere in New Jersey. Must be 21 or older.
- Caesars Entertainment will have "March Hoops At The Shore" programming at Bally's Wild Wild West and Harrah's Resort.
- Both resorts are running special March Madness-themed room packages, drink specials at WWW and The Pool at Harrah's, where guests can purchase "Fan Cave" Cabanas to watch the games poolside, and for the first-time guests can bet on the games at The Book(s).
Golden Nugget Atlantic City
- The Golden Nugget Atlantic City is now live with their online and mobile Sportsbook in New Jersey. Golden Nugget Online Sportsbook already offers one of the largest selection of bets in New Jersey, with pre-match and live bets on more than 14 sports and 90 competitions.
- Welcome offer: $50 risk free bet, Golden Nugget Online Casino players may use their casino winnings to bet on sports for a seamless user experience across casino and sport.
- Promotions on GoldenNuggetSports.com: “Golden Lines” an odds boost on specific bets, updated daily. Golden Nugget’s “Parlay Boost” gives users an opportunity to increase their winnings on Parlay bets (a bet on three events or more) by up to 20%.
- Pre-Game reduced vig on spreads for all games involving #1 seeds throughout the NCAA Tournament and every game offered for Live (in-play) Betting.
- Prop bets and specials for the start of the MLB season including Golden Lines on both Giancarlo Stanton and Bryce Harper hitting a HR on opening day, as well as, many individual player specials.
- Drink Specials 24/7 in Rush Lounge: Beer specials $5, bucket specials $20.
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City
- Bracket Contest “Hard Rock Hoops” March 18 – April 8.
- Hoops Bracket Madness: Play now at HardRockSports.com. Play a free tournament bracket, earn points, dominate the leaderboard, earn prizes.
- Square Pools throughout the event.
- Cashback promotion for wagers made on March Madness events.
Resorts Casino Hotel
- DraftKings Sportsbook: Guests can watch the tournament in style with DraftKings Sportsbook at Resorts. In addition to live, in-game betting, five betting windows, 18 betting kiosks and an expert staff, guests will also have access to happy hour specials all day Monday – Friday, including $4.00 draft beers, $6.00 well drinks, and $1.00 off any food item. Plus, March 19 through March 31 Boost your Basketball Parlay.
- Place an eligible parlay in the DraftKings Sportsbook at Resorts and we’ll boost your winning by:
- 5 & 6 legs = 10% boost
- 7 & 8 legs = 15% boost
- 9+ legs = 20% boost
- Restrictions apply.
Tropicana Atlantic City
- March Madness Food & Drink Specials: March 21 & 22 there will be food and drink specials at Chickie’s & Pete’s, Firewaters, Hooters, and A Dam Good Sports Bar. Place a bet at William Hill and then head over to any of these locations to watch the game and enjoy their specials.
- Bet $50, Get $50: Introductory offer for guests who sign up for a new mobile sports account on the William Hill Mobile App. Using code TROP50, make a minimum bet of $50 and get $50! (offer expires 5/31).
- $1M March Mania Parlay: From March 19 to March 22 William Hill will be offering a $1,000,000 March Mania Parlay Card for the first round of the 2019 Men’s College Basketball Championship.
- At $5 an entry, guests will select from 20 of the 32 games against the spread and totals during the first round. Go 20 for 20 and win $1,000,000.